It’s that time of year when we want to freshen our spaces and remove the clutter that’s accumulated, seemingly overnight. When deciding what to keep and what to save, here are some sure signs something is ready for the donate, sell or trash bin.
You know you don’t need it when…
- You haven’t used it in a year or more.
- You’ve outgrown it.
- You are no longer interested in it.
- Your kids don’t play with it anymore.
- You forgot you had it.
- You seldom think of it or reference it.
- You don’t like it anymore or never liked it.
- It has no purpose.
- It takes up more space than you have.
- You are paying rent to store it, but don’t use it.
- It brings you negative energy.
If the item in question meets one or all of these criteria, it is time to let it go!
Tip: If you’re still not sure if you should get rid of an item, ask yourself, “What’s the worst thing that could happen if I toss this?” The answer may help give you the power to discard the clutter.
What did this list help you let go of? Share your thoughts.